JOB TITLE: Bender Operator
DATE: May 2019
REPORTS TO: Plant Superintendent
SALARY TYPE: Hourly Non- Exempt
Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
- Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
- Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
- Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
- Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
- Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
- Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
- Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
- Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
- Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
- Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
- Communicate with other departments as necessary.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- A minimum of one-year experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed
- Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets
- Fork lift certified
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Detailed oriented and ability to multitask
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
- Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While classified a manufacturing organization, our core business is customer service. And in order to bring the high level of customer service and satisfaction that Stam consistently delivers, flexibility is a key component in everything we do.Learn more »
Stam has materials for every need and every engineering spec possible.Learn more »
Stam’s in-house engineering department is eager to work with customers to help ensure that needs are met.Learn more »
Our extensive inventory of materials goes beyond the over one-thousand materials in house. Stam will also batch produce and store the customer’s finished products on our shelves for just in time delivery, eliminating the cost of a new setup charge.Learn more »
While Stam always remains extremely price competitive, value is much more than a good price. It’s receiving near flawless products to specification, in the time promised.Learn more »
Certified under the rigorous requirements of ISO9001:2015, Stam’s quality is second to none.Learn more »