JOB TITLE: Welder
DATE: May 2019
REPORTS TO: Plant Superintendent
HOURS: Monday – Thursday (3:30 pm – 2:00 am)
SALARY TYPE: Hourly Non- Exempt
Primary responsibility is producing X-ray quality welds in a production environment utilizing Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) precision machines on stainless steel, carbon steel and copper nickel material components.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must have a thorough understanding in GTWA welding equipment and techniques
- Must be able to produce quality x-ray welds in a production environment
- Familiar with welding procedures, codes and following weld instructions
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings including weld requirement symbology
- Working knowledge of fixturing and welding machine set-up
- Must be able to use hand tools for weld preparation and finishing operations
- Must be able to meet production welding targets
- Must be able to joins, fabricate metals and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine the appropriate welding process and other written instructions and diagrams
- Perform MIG, TIG and TAC welds based on project needs
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous project instructions
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture
- Visually inspects competed welds to acceptance criteria and specifications, performing various types of finishing operations per manufacturing drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction
- Familiar with and complies with all safety requirements and protocols for working in a hazardous environment
- Must be able to work with moderate supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 years of related welding experience
- Completion of an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
- One-year experience in GTAW or other forms of welding desirable
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude with good problem-solving skills
- Welding certification is plus!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While classified a manufacturing organization, our core business is customer service. And in order to bring the high level of customer service and satisfaction that Stam consistently delivers, flexibility is a key component in everything we do.Learn more »
Stam has materials for every need and every engineering spec possible.Learn more »
Stam’s in-house engineering department is eager to work with customers to help ensure that needs are met.Learn more »
Our extensive inventory of materials goes beyond the over one-thousand materials in house. Stam will also batch produce and store the customer’s finished products on our shelves for just in time delivery, eliminating the cost of a new setup charge.Learn more »
While Stam always remains extremely price competitive, value is much more than a good price. It’s receiving near flawless products to specification, in the time promised.Learn more »
Certified under the rigorous requirements of ISO9001:2008, Stam’s quality is second to none.Learn more »